Beautiful beach and old town locations, a team of wonderful models, two days of shooting, one day of post-pro, critique and large-format printing. Last call for the few places left on this terrific photography workshop in Hyuga, Miyazaki Prefecture, Kyushu, Japan.
I was just about to issue PayPal requests for deposits and four people pulled out….. so there are spaces available again for this workshop. Sorry about the last-minute nature of this announcement [as you have – to get the best deal, to book flights today or tomorrow] but I thought we sold it out already. The flights available after the 28DaysBefore deal with ANA and JAL are not crazy expensive. So even if you have to book after today, it’s not stupidly more expensive.
Details of what is inclusive to the package:
- hotel accommodation (check in Thursday October 4th through to check out Sunday 7th)
- breakfast at the hotel daily
- lunch box on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- dinner Thursday – Saturday
- shooting with 3 models on Friday. This is kimono shooting day. One of our models, Shinyong, will wear something 1930s style for a ‘showa style’ shoot in the old town. The kimonos, dressing, make-up and hair will all be done and taken care of by us to make the models look awesome for the shoot
- shooting with 4 models on Saturday. This is the beach day. Here is a video of the beach area. There are shots of it in the gallery below too.
- my classroom session on the Sunday.
- 1 x A1 sized colour print for each student, made as part of the Sunday class
- transport to and from the airport by hotel bus (this is a special shuttle so there will be only one each way.. meaning you have to be there for it or else make your own way to the hotel]
Max number of people in the workshop: 8
Places still available: 4
Flights or trains to Kyushu are your own responsibility. Book 28 days ahead [see note above] and the prices are good: approximately 15,000Y each way from Haneda to Kyushu].
A superb weekend of shooting and learning in prospect. In great locations, with good people and a load of good food and hospitality on top for good measure.
If you are interested please drop me a line asap and I will send you more details of exactly the timetable for getting there so that you can arrange your travel.
A gallery of some of our wonderful beach locations, at Isegahama Beach, Hyuga; the old town, our models and some maps:
ModelMayhem pages for three of the models and a recent shoot from our fourth model….
Natsuki Kishi/Doll (model name):
Azusa Ono: this link goes to a post about a recent lesson I did with one of my students, Joanne Yu, in which we shot with Azusa.
Video of the beach area we will be shooting at:
Various other useful links and information:
- Hotel J’s, Hyuga – right above the beach. This is where we will be staying and, remember, your accommodation is included in the workshop price.
- A Google map of the area, showing the hotel
- General Google map [satellite view] showing the whole area
- ANA airlines’ flight booking page in English
- JAL’s flight booking page in English