Guided Photographic Walks in Tokyo, Japan: Tokyo-based professional photographer & photography teacher as your guide.
If you are either a keen photographer or just want to take advantage of the fact that our photographer wanders, on average, around 60km a week through Tokyo shooting photos, why not book yourself on one of our photo walks?
One of the attractions of Japanorama’s Photo Walks is that Alfie still gets as excited about Tokyo and Japan as he did when he first came here almost ten years ago. That enthusiasm, backed up with good local knowledge, makes him a great guide. Not only does he cover the main tourist areas of Tokyo – Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Tsukiji for example – we also love getting off the beaten track and showing visitors some of the more interesting and lesser-known parts of town.
Alfie’s photography teaching also means that you can combine taking in the sites of Tokyo with learning something new about taking photos.
Whether you are a serious tourist and hobbyist photographer, or a serious photographer who loves travelling we have something to offer you.
Bespoke guided walks and lessons for you, not just ‘another Tokyo photowalk’
Alfie prides himself on knowing a great portion of Tokyo like the back of his hand. Whether you are looking for an informative and educational tour of the usual tourist spots or something a little more off of the beaten-track, Alfie will be able to put together a great route for you.
Here’s how the guided walk process typically works:
- You email Alfie asking about a walk
- We ask you what sort of thing you are looking to see, learn and enjoy
- We put together a route using GoogleMaps and mail you the link: route maps include all pertinent information about what you’ll see in each place.
- We attach some sample images of the area, that we’ve taken on previous walks or as part of the daily photography we do in Tokyo.
- We confirm the route and arrange our meeting place.
- You either pay in advance by PayPal or pay on the day with cash.
See some of Alfie’s shots from Tokyo here at his blog….
Photographer in Japan
See Alfie’s commercial portfolio and some editorial, Japan-related features here: